Tax Department Manager
An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Tax Professional looking for their next step.
We are looking for an experienced Tax professional to join our highly regarded, established Tax team. The role of Tax Department Manager at Nicklin LLP is critical to our practice, to ensure that we provide our clients with an outstanding service at all times.
We are seeking a highly professional, motivated and ambitious individual who leads by example and has a “can-do” attitude, with the desire to take the department forward.
Responsible to: Tax Partner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ad-hoc advisory tax work; assisting the Tax partner.
- Line management of the Tax Department personnel including mentoring junior staff and ensuring training plans are adhered to.
- Small portfolio of high value corporate and personal tax compliance cases.
- Dealing with correspondence or queries from the client are dealt with and the Tax Partner is made aware of any correspondence or queries from the Inland Revenue.
- To ensure that all Personal, Corporate and Trust Tax work is being carried out in accordance with the Procedures Manual, meeting all time limits and expected standards.
- To give assistance or arrange for support to be given and ensure that sufficient training is made available and attended by staff to ensure their level of knowledge is not only maintained by extended.
- To ensure that taxation work is carried out within the agreed budgets and fees raised by the Department are done so in accordance with forecasts.
- Deal with all own clients correspondence from the Inland Revenue concerning their business and corporate taxation, particularly in depth and compliance reviews.
- Ensure all links between audit and administration departments with the tax department are adhered to in line with set procedures.